Table of Contents (My Personal Observations)
Table of Contents (My Personal Observations)
- First Conclusive Observation
- Types of People
- Priorities and Purpose of life
- Wake up , Observe and Think
- Water equals Life
- What if the Sky fell?
- Ponder over Astronomy
- My take on life
- Gratitude and Appreciation
- Potential towards Good
- Powerful Reminder
- My Duty , A Great Duty
- Misconceptions about Truth
- Advice to those who believe (Part 1)
- Advice to those who believe (Part 2)
- Advice to those who believe (Part 3)
- Advice to those who believe (Part 4, Parenting)
- Advice to those who believe (Part 5, Basic Concepts)
- Advice to those who believe (Part 6, Wrong Ways)
- Advice to those who believe (Part 7, Money)
- Advice to those who believe (Part 8, Education)
- A Strange Question
- Balancing World and Hereafter
- My Sincere advice to you , O Human
- My Journey: In Search for Truth
- My Personal Collection
In the chapter “My Journey: In Search of Truth” , i have written about my journey , how it started , what were the major events in it , who inspired me etc.
If you read that chapter , you will know that i had many misconceptions about Islam by observing the majority/culture and i really didn’t liked the Islam (mixed with culture/tradition , desires) which was introduced to me through forefathers , culture/majority.
During my journey i found an amazing book that contained answers to many misconceptions/confusions about Islam.
( This chapter is important for everyone no matter which religion he/she follows and i advice everyone to read this chapter carefully and with sincerity).
Here are some of the questions which that book contained :-
1. Polygamy : Why is a man allowed to have more than one wife in Islam? i.e. why is polygamy allowed in Islam?
2. Polyandry : If a man is allowed to have more than one wife, then why does Islam prohibit a woman from having more than one husband?
3. Hijab for Women : Why does Islam degrade women by keeping them behind the veil?
4. Spread by Sword : How can Islam be called the religion of peace when it was spread by the sword?
5. Muslims are Fundamentalists and Terrorists : Why are most of the Muslims fundamentalists and terrorists?
6. Eating Non-veg Food : Killing an animal is a ruthless act. Why then do Muslims consume non- vegetarian food?
7. Islamic method of slaughtering appears ruthless : Why do Muslims slaughter the animal in a ruthless manner by torturing it and slowly and painfully killing it?
8. Non-Veg food makes Muslims violent : Science tell us that whatever one eats, it has an effect on one’s behavior. Why then, does Islam allow Muslims to eat non-vegetarian food, since eating of animals could make a person violent and ferocious?
9. Muslims worship the Kabba : When Islam is against idol worship why do the Muslims worship, and bow down to the Kaaba in their prayer?
10. Non-Muslims not allowed in Makkah : Why are non-Muslims not allowed in the Holy cities of Makkah and Madinah?
11. Pork Forbidden : Why is the eating of pork forbidden in Islam?
12. Alcohol Forbidden : Why is the consumption of alcohol prohibited in Islam?
13. Equality of Witnesses : Why are two witnesses who are women, equivalent to only one witness who is a man ?
14. Inheritance : Under Islamic law, why is a woman’s share of the inherited wealth only half that of a man?
15. Is Qur’an God’s word ? : How can you prove that the Qur’an is the word of God?
16. Hereafter : How can you prove the existence of hereafter, i.e. life after death?
17. Why are Muslims divided into sects and different school of thoughts ? : When all the Muslim follow one and the same Qur’an then why are there so many sects and different schools of thoughts among Muslims?
18. Why follow Islam ? : All religions basically teach followers to do good deeds. Why should a person only follow Islam? Can he not follow any of the religions?
19. Vast Difference between Islam and actual practices of Muslims : If Islam is the best religion, why are many of the Muslims dishonest, unreliable, and involved in activities such as cheating, bribing, dealing in drugs, etc.?
20. Non-Muslims referred to as Kafirs : Why do Muslims abuse non-Muslims by calling them Kafirs?
In the end i would advice you to don’t read the author , but read the book and i hope this book would clear many misconceptions of yours about Islam as it did mine.
You can read the book online from this link :- Misconceptions about Islam
To download the book in PDF form follow these links (If one link doesn’t work try other one) :-